– Born April 26, in New York City, New York.
– Moved to Hollywood, CA.
– Traveled throughout Mexico, Cuba, Spain, France, England, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, And Corsica.
– First exhibition in Ascain, France.
Assistant Sketch Artist at United Artist’s Studio.
– Lived in Mexico for one year to paint.
– Exhibitions at Laguna Beach Art Association and at galleries in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, CA.
– Bicycled across the United States, painting 42 watercolors and writing a ten thousand word diary.
– First New York City one-man exhibition of watercolors at the Charles Morgan Galleries.
– Designed three different magazine covers for AT&T.
– One-man exhibition of watercolors Boise, Idaho.
– One-man exhibition of watercolors at Raymond & Raymond Galleries, Beverly Hills, CA.
– Participant in group exhibition of watercolors.
– Norwegian American Art Association, New York City, New York.
– One-man exhibition of watercolors at the Charles Morgan Galleries, New York City.
– Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, purchased a watercolor for their permanent collection.
– Started Christmas Card company.
– Created eight covers for the architectural magazine PENCIL POINTS while in New York.
– Created and painted a mural in the home of poet William Carlos Williams, Rutherford, New Jersey. Drafted into the Navy and painted 210 portraits.
– Created and painted a mural for the Jacksonville Naval Ait Station, Jacksonville, Florida.
Joined American Artists Group which has published over 600 of Earle’s designs and sold over 300,000,000 of his Christmas cards during the past 50 years.
– Exhibited at the Los Angeles County Museum.
– Presented with an award at the Califonia Art Association Exhibition.
– Started witht the Walt Disney Studios as background painter on: FOR WHOM THE BULLS TOIL, MELODY, and the Academy Award winner for “Best Short of the Year” TOOT, WHISTLE, PLUNK and BOOM which also received a Cannes Film Festival Award. Production Designer, Color Stylist and Background Painter for the DIsney animated classic SLEEPING BEAUTY, as well as, PIGS IS PIGS, GRAND CANYONSCOPE, PAUL BUNYAN, LADY AND THE TRAMP, LONDON BRIDGE, and WORKING FOR PEANUTS.
– Designed 5 murals for Disneyland.
– Designed inside Christmas cover for Readers Digest.
– Joined John Sutherland Motion Picture Company in Los Angeles.
– Created 24 sheet poster for Hamm’s Beer.
– Started motion picture animation company, Eyvind Earle Productions, Inc.
– Created animated commercials for Chevrolet Motors, Chrysler Corporation, Marlboro Cigarettes, Motorola Television and the Kellogg Cereal Company.
– Created animated trailer for WEST SIDE STORY for United Artists.
– Created animated television special THE STORY OF CHRISTMAS staring Tennessee Ernie Ford and the Roger Wagner Choral.
– Created animated television special THE EASTER SPECIAL.
– Created title for the KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATER.
– Created the logo trademark trailer for Universal Pictures.
– Produced and created the theatrical short DEATH AND SUNRISE
– Moved to Solvang, CA.
– One-man exhibitions at the Copenhagen Gallery, Solvang; the Conacher Gallery, San Francisco; and the Zantman Gallery, Carmel, CA.
– Received First Prize Gold Medal at the National Exhibition THE STORY OF CALIFORNIA IN ART.
– Received a Purchase Award from the Phoenix Museum of Art, Phoenix, Arizona.
– One-man exhibition at the Copenhagen Gallery, Solvang; the Conacher Gallery, San Francisco; and the Zantman Gallery, Carmel, CA.
– One-man exhibition at the Copenhagen Gallery, Solvang.
– Exhibition at the Downey Art Museum, Downey, CA.
– Participated in traveling exhibition of twelve prominent American Artists which included Norman ROckwell.
– Participated in group exhibition at the Grand Central Galleries, New York City.
– First publication of limited edition serigraphs by Circle Fine Art, Chicago, IL.
– One-man exhibiton at the Cody Gallery, Los Olivos, CA.
– Moved to Yorktown Heights, New York.
– First one-man exhibition at the Hammer Galleries, New York City.
– Hammer Publishing begins publishing serigraphic and lithgraphic limited editions.
– One-man exhibition of oils at the Conacher Galleries, San Francisco.
– One-man exhibition of watercolors at the Hammer Galleries, New York City.
– One-man exhibition of serigraphs at the Hammer Galleries, New York City.
– Moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico.
– One-man exhibition, the Upstairs Gallery, Beverly Hills, CA.
– Two oils included in the permanent collection of the Rahr-West Art Museum, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
– One-man traveling exhibition of oils and graphics throughout Japan.
– One-man major exhibitions in Los ANgeles, Gallery Americana, Carmel, CA.
– Moved to Carmel CA.
– One-man traveling exhibition of oils and graphics throughout Japan.
– One-man exhibition of oils, watercolors, and graphics at the Upstairs Gallery, Beverly Hills; the Upstairs Gallery, Costa Mesa; the Conacher Galleries, San Francisco; Gallery Americana, Carmel; and the Chabot Galleries, San Jose, CA.
– Publication of illustrated autobiography HORIZON BOUND ON A BICYCLE, and the raisonne of serigraphs produced to date, THE COMPLETE GRAPHICS OF EYVIND EARLE and Selected Poems and Writings, 1940-1990.
– The One-man major exhibition EYVIND EARLE 75 YEARS in Los Angeles in celebration of the artist’s 75th birthday.
– One-man exhibition at the Hammer Galleries, New York City.
– One-man exhibition at the Conacher Galleries, San Francisco, CA.
– One-man exhibition at the Reid Galleries, Carmel.
– Serigraph installed at the ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS ‘ ART MUSEUM.
-One-man exhibitions at the Conacher Galleries, San Francisco, Gallery 21, Carmel.
– One-man exhibition at the Behm Galleries, Seatlle, WA.
– Major One-man exhibition at Gallerie Adrienne, San Francisco.
– Publication of the COMPLETE CHRISTMAS CARD ART OF EYVIND EARLE, illustrated with over 800 original designs completed over a 57 year period.
– One-man exhibition at the Gallery One, Denver, CO.
– One-man exhibition at the Chabot Galleries, Campbell, CA.
– One-man exhibition at the Gallery 21, Carmel CA.
– April, Gallery 21, Carmel, CA hosted the 84th Birthday Exhibition of Eyvind Earle
– July 20, Eyvind Earle passed away
– August , Eyvind Earle receives the Disney Legend Award at D23 Expo, Anaheim, CA. The Award was accepted on behalf of the late artist by his daughter, Kristin.
– April, “An Exhibition of a Disney Legend”, one-man exhibitions of oils, acrylics, watercolors, sculptures at Forest Lawn Museum, Glendale, CA
– February, “Awaking Beauty – The Artwork of Eyvind Earle”, comprehensive exhibition at Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco, CA
– March, “Magical Visions: The Enchanted Worlds of Eyvind Earle”, exhibition at Hilbert Museum, Orange, CA
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY EYVIND EARLE PUBLISHING LLC.
All rights reserved under International and Pan American Copyright Conventions.
No part of this website may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including printing, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from Eyvind Earle Publishing LLC.
INTERNET SPECIFIC COPYRIGHT CONCERNS
The Internet is merely another medium for exploitation of copyrighted works, no different for purposes of copyright law than print media. If you reproduce or display any artwork or materials supplied by Earle Publishing on the Internet without written permission signed by a representative of Earle Publishing authorized to give such permission, you will be infringing on our copyrights. Use of Mr. Earle’s artwork on the Internet presents an immediate, International infringement of those copyrights, and we take it very seriously.
To give you some idea of how copyright law applies to the Internet, the courts have already ruled that: a scanned image is a reproduction; an image viewed on a computer screen is a reproduction, specifically by making a copy in the computer’s RAM; storing an image on a computer is a reproduction; uploading an image onto a Webpage is a reproduction; making an image available for the public to see on a Webpage is a public display; and making an image available for the public to download from a Webpage is a distribution. In each case, an infringement occurred.
If you would like to make any use whatsoever of our artwork or materials on the Internet, please contact us before doing so.
The name “Eyvind Earle” in any format, design, or style, together with the goodwill accompanying Mr. Earle’s name, is a protected trademark owned by Earle Publishing LLC. This means that under the relevant laws, Earle Publishing has the sole and exclusive right to use and authorize others to use Mr. Earle’s name in connection with his works of art, including any books or videotapes about Mr. Earle or his artwork.
PUBLICITY RIGHTS PROTECTION
Earle Publishing is also the exclusive owner of publicity rights attaching to Mr. Earle’s name, likeness, photograph, signature, and voice. As a result, you may not use Mr. Earle’s name, likeness, photograph, signature, or voice “in any manner, on or in products, merchandise or goods, or for purposes of advertising or selling, or soliciting purchases of products, merchandise, goods or services” without written consent from an authorized representative of Earle Publishing.
You may not use a likeness or photograph of Mr. Earle, nor may you use his voice or signature without first obtaining written permission from Earle Publishing. A violation of this section entitles Earle Publishing to obtain an injunction against your further unauthorized use, and to claim actual or statutory damages, profits, punitive damages, and attorneys fees.
Inquiries should be addressed to Eyvind Earle Publishing LLC, 1 John Street, #B, Sand City, CA 93955 USA
Eyvind Earle Publishing LLC.